Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Can we bring back the old Animal Planet?  Please, just show reruns of this amazing human being.
YES PLEASE AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF TIMES


Like...what?  No...
I never seem to find the time to watch TV, I'm usually studying or keeping myself busy one way or another.  But last night, I was able to sit down and flip through the channels for once.  I was actually able to finish ALL of my work.  To my disappointment, there was nothing on.  I'm really starting to notice a strong trend with many channels, especially with my two favorites, THC and Animal Planet. Particularly Animal Planet.  Where the hell did the animals go?

Yeah, I guess on THC they still have Pawn Stars which is kinda like history (although I would prefer to have my documentaries back...) but every time I get on Animal Planet, there are no shows that involve animals.  They're all centered around businesses that sometimes deal with animals.  Like Pitbulls and Parolees. It should be called "let's follow these ex cons around, oh, and some of them have dogs."  There was a commercial last night on for a new season of a show called "Railroad Alaska," a NEW season. That means that people have actually watched this.  What does the railroad have to do with animals?

I know that some of the greatest animal show hosts are no longer with us...but does that mean you can't show reruns?  I remember back when I was a kid, Animal Planet actually taught me things about animals.  I leared that the aye-aye was a real animal, not just a character in The Wild Thornberrys. They taught me about how diverse and amazing the world is, not how if you manufacture drama, you can put anything on TV.

Give me back my Crocodile Hunter.  My most Extreme. My Meerkat Manor.  I want to watch a show about animals, and how freaking awesome they are.  I don't give two shits about your ventures as a luxury fishtank salesman.  Go throw on a pair of cargo shorts and give me a tour through the jungles of Madagascar, please.

Bring back the animals to Animal Planet.


1 comment: