Sunday, October 5, 2014

I PUT A SPELL ON YOU

So I took my first step out the door this morning and I knew...fall is definitely here.  Call me crazy, but these overcast skies and that chilly breeze put me in the best mood.  Nearly everyone says it'll make them depressed or lazy, but I find fall weather so wonderful.  It makes me want to go downtown and eat at a café with an adorable outdoor patio. Or go read a book outside.  I don't know about you guys, but October is by far my favorite month of the year.

There's no sound better than the wind blowing through the orange tinted leaves, or that crunching sound under my boots.  Don't you just love that? When was the last time you jumped into a pile of leaves? If you don't remember, I suggest you go outside like right now and release that inner child.
Sometimes I worry that those adorable fall traditions are slowly disappearing.  Traditions that I plan in partaking in every year for the rest of my life, and ones I look forward to showing my future kids.  Hayrack riding, apple picking, pie making, pumpkin carving, hot cocoa sipping, all the things that make fall so...fall-y.  I know it sounds super cheesy, but the best word I can think of to describe it would be magical.

Pretty much anywhere you walk, it smells like wood smoke. Delicious.  And when people aren't cozied up around their fireplaces, the wind has a damp-pine kind of smell.  I just love it.  The sights and smells of fall are simply intoxicating, as I take it all in by peeking over my scarf.  And damn do I love sweaters.  LOVE them.  Put on a nice pair of leggings, some boots, and a big ol' sweater or hoodie with a scarf, and you've got a cute and comfy ensemble.

And of course, with October comes my favorite holiday, Halloween!  I love the decorations, the costumes, and trick-or-treaters are the best.  Sadly, I moved to the city and won't be able to hand out my usual jumbo candy bars.  But ain't nobody gonna stop me from enjoying my favorite holiday.  I'm still going to dress up like a crazy person, eat a bucket of candy, and go to all of the scariest haunted houses.

Aaaaand...as Halloween approaches, you know what that means...














Who doesn't love a little Hocus Pocus?  Totally the best (and most underrated) Halloween movie to ever bless this earth.

Recently I just haven't been able to think about anything else.  I can't wait to get out of this dorm and go walking downtown under the tree-lights to the old theater for the annual "Tower of Terror."  And I feel like fall is a pretty good excuse to get back out to the country, to go see the leaves and pick some apples.

May the October festivities commence!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Allie. Thank you for reminding us the great things about the fall season. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post :) I'd actually planned to do a list about what I love most about Autumn, from crunchy leaves and conker picking to woollen socks and hot coco sipping, It's bliss if you ask me! x

    www.sheintheknow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete